RULES OF CONDUCT
You may never use or enable others to use the Site to do or attempt to:
- Violate any applicable federal or state law, regulation, judicial or governmental order, treaty, The Amici Group’s rights, or the rights of any person, firm, or enterprise;
- Engage in conduct which is or could be considered libelous, defamatory, indecent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive, racially or ethically offensive, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, discriminatory, or abusive;
- Use the Site for posting or uploading malicious or unauthorized code (e.g. viruses, time bombs, cancel bots, worms, Trojan horses, spyware) or other potentially harmful material or information which in any way might interrupt, damage, interfere with, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or communication equipment;
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any material on the Site;
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, disrupt, damage, impair, or interfere with the use, features, functions, operations, or maintenance of the Site;
- Attempt to modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce any of the source code that we use in providing the Site;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site;
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Site and its entire contents, features, functionality, including, but not limited to all information, text, displays, photographs, graphics, video, audio, design, selection and arrangement thereof (“The Amici Group Content”) are owned by, licensed to, or provided to The Amici Group. The Site is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws, and thus, we own and retain all rights to and in the The Amici Group Content and the Site.
Your User Content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Content on the Site, you grant our affiliates, and us or any of the Companies that we own the right to use, reproduce, modify, display, and distribute the User Content. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Content you submit or contribute and you, not The Amici Group, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness. We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Content posted by you or any other user of the Site.
USER CONTENT STANDARDS
User Content, in part or in whole, must comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Content may not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, hateful, violent, or otherwise questionable;
- Promote sexually explicit, pornographic, violent, or discriminatory material;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
- Violate the legal rights of any others or contain material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations;
- Impersonate The Amici Group, The Amici Group’s employees, or any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
On notice, we will act expeditiously to remove Content that infringes the copyright rights of others and we will use reasonable efforts to disable use of our Site by anyone who repeatedly infringes the rights of others. If you believe our Site contains elements that infringe any copyright of yours or anyone else’s, please follow the procedures set forth below in our Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS
If the Site contains links to other websites and resources of third parties, such links are provided for convenience purposes only. This includes links contained in advertisements, banner advertisements, and sponsored links. We have no control over, and have no liability for any third party websites and/or materials. Because neither our Site nor we has control over the content and performance of these third party websites, we make no guarantees about the accuracy, content, or quality of the information provided by such websites. If you decide to access any third party websites linked from or to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of those websites.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
OUR SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE IS NO GUARANTY OR ASSURANCE THAT ALL OR ANY PART OF THE SITE WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR USE, PERFORM AS DESCRIBED, OR THAT THE SITE IS ACCURATE, TIMELY, COMPLETE, OR ERROR FREE. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON OUR SITE FOR ANY DECISIONS OR ACTIONS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT CHOOSE TO MAKE OR TAKE. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR DESTRUCTIVE CODE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTURBED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, MALICIOUS OR UNAUTHORIZED CODE, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON THE SITE, OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SITE.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AMICI GROUP, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, AND/OR EXPENSE OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OR ACTION OR BASIS OF THE CLAIM AND WHETHER OR NOT A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR DAMAGES (IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING FROM USE OF OUR SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES WE PROVIDE TO YOU.
IF ANY LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES OR LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, WE SHALL BE ENTITLED TO THE MAXIMUM LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS PERMITTED; HOWEVER, IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED ONE HUNDRED ($100) U.S. DOLLARS.
We control and operate the Site from our offices in the State of California. We make no representation that any of the materials or services to which you have been given are available or made accessible for use outside of the United States. Access to the Site from territories where its contents are illegal or restricted is prohibited. If you choose to access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own imitative and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
You agree to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any dispute or controversy so as to attempt to resolve the dispute or controversy informally. Any controversy or claim arising out of or related to the use of the Site or Service that cannot be resolved through such informal process or through negotiation within 120 days shall be settled by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitration will be conducted in the English language in the city of Newport Beach, California by a single neutral arbitrator.
You agree that disputes will only be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated, on a class wide, representative basis, or with any other arbitration(s) or other proceedings that involve any claim or controversy of any other party. If for any reason this arbitration clause is unenforceable or inapplicable, both you and we agree, to the extent permissible by law, to waive any right to pursue any claims on a class action basis. If any portion of this class action waiver is limited, void, or unenforceable, then our agreement to arbitrate under this section will not apply and any controversy or claim must be brought exclusively in the state and federal courts in Orange County, California.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
The Amici Group has adopted the following procedure regarding copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), the text of which is located at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS SOLELY FOR NOTIFYING US THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. DO NOT SEND ANY INQUIRIES UNRELATED TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (e.g., REQUESTS FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE, REPORTS OF E-MAIL ABUSE) TO THE CONTACT LISTED BELOW. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE IF SENT TO THAT CONTACT.
WE CAUTION YOU THAT UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO HEAVY CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER’S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED AS A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY.
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used or displayed on our website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please report the alleged infringements by completing the following steps and by notifying The Amici Group’s Designated Agent, as listed below. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), all notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent ONLY to our Designated Agent. The Amici Group will respond expeditiously to any claims of copyright infringement that are properly reported.
Written notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
The Amici Group
8136 Residencia, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Email Address of Designated Agent: email@example.com
Under Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3)(A), the Notification of Claimed Infringement must include the following:
(1) An electronic or physical signature of the owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(2) Identification of the copyrighted work (or works) that you claim has been infringed;
(3) A description and identification of the material that you claim is infringing, and the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists (for example, the URL of the page of the website where it is lawfully posted; the name, edition and pages of a book from which an excerpt was copied, etc.);
(4) A clear description of where the infringing material is located on our Website, including as applicable its URL, so that we can locate the material;
(5) Your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
(6) A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(7) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.